- Acerca de nosotros
- Promover la excelencia
- Actividades del sistema de la ONU
- Comisión de Estadística de las Naciones Unidas
- Comité de Coordinación de las Actividades Estadísticas (CCSA)
- Comité de Estadísticas y Cuenta Satélite de Turismo
- Equipo de Tareas interinstitucional en estadísticas del comercio internacional de servicios
- Día Mundial de la Estadística
- Iniciativas conjuntas
Compendium of Tourism Statistics
Statistical information on tourism’s multiple facets is pivotal in advancing knowledge of the sector, monitoring progress, promoting results-focused management, and highlighting strategic issues for policy decisions. The Compendium provides statistical data and indicators on inbound, outbound and domestic tourism, as well as on the number and types of tourism industries, the number of employees by tourism industries, and macroeconomic indicators related to international tourism.
The Compendium of Tourism Statistics is a reference guide for the measurement and analysis of the tourism sector. Together with the Yearbook of Tourism Statistics, they constitute UNWTO’s main datasets and publications on annual tourism statistics.
These concern, on the one hand, an expansion in the number of countries and territories (over 200) regularly providing data and, on the other hand, a more extensive set of collected statistical data and indicators that are in line with current international methodological standards.
UNWTO compiles figures from national and international institutions such as national tourism administrations, national statistical offices, central banks, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and have undergone various checks from UNWTO that guarantee data reliability.
The Methodological Notes to the Tourism Statistics Database include conceptual references and technical notes for a better understanding and application of the statistics in this dataset. Available in English, French and Spanish.
How to obtain the data
The Compendium of Tourism Statistics has grown into a dataset that is disseminated since 1995:
- as annual printed editions (the 2013 Edition covers the 2007-2011 period) through UNWTO's Infoshop
- as annual PDF editions through UNWTO’s electronic library, the eLibrary
- as customized Excel datasheets (for any country and any period between 2007-2011) through UNWTO’s online Factbook application
- as Excel datasheets on CD-ROM (for all countries and covering the 1995-2011) through UNWTO’s Infoshop