- Measuring sustainability
- UN System activities
- Promoting excellence
The 5th Conference of the International Association for Tourism Economics
30 June 2015 - 3 July 2015
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
هونغ كونغ - الصين
The Fifth Conference of the International association for tourism Economies (IATE 2015) was organised by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Leeds Beckett University.
UNWTO supported this conference that provided an opportunity for researchers, scholars and practitioners to exchange ideas on key research issues in the field of tourism economics.
Why was it important to attend this conference?
- The International Association for Tourism Economics (IATE) is the only international association of its kind. Researchers from around the world meet at the IATE conference to discuss the latest research in what is an ever-evolving field of study.
- The conference offered an excellent opportunity to showcase research relating to the economics of tourism, and to meet researchers who are involved in such research.
- The 15th International Institute of Forecasters (IIF) sponsored workshop, focusing on the advanced methods of tourism forecasting and their applications, was organised on 29 June 2015 for PhD students with feedback from established academics on their PhD research projects.
- A best paper award was presented at the conference dinner.
- Outstanding papers was considered for publication in Tourism Economics published by IP Publishing.
- Economic modelling of tourism
- Tourism competitiveness
- Tourism and the environment
- Climate change and tourism
- Economic analysis of tourism demand
- Tourism, economic growth and development
- Innovation in tourism
- The economic contribution or impact of tourism
- Tourism, labour markets and human capital
- Tourism policy/taxation
- The economics of tourism supply
- The economics of special events
- Dr Oliver Herrmann, UNWTO Director of Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account Programme
- Professor Egon Smeral, Professor of Tourism Economics at MODUL University Vienna, Austria
- Professor Stephen Wanhill, Professor of Tourism Economics, University of Limerick, Ireland; Emeritus Professor of Tourism Research, Bournemouth University, U.K.; Editor of Tourism Economics
For more information please visit the conference website